Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
Pasadena, CA
My stands are registering one hour late today, the day of the daylight saving time change.

dst-stand.jpg

Note that the last bar shows that I stood in the 1 pm to 2 pm hour, even though it's only 12:31 pm! In fact, that first stand was around 5:30 am. There is also a mysterious missing bar at 2 am that usually indicates that the watch is not on my wrist. Though I had it on the whole time. There should be no missing hour, seeing as how there was actually an extra hour between midnight and 6 am, not a missing one. The hour from 1 pm to 2 pm occurred twice! I'm not expecting the watch to show seven hours between midnight and 6, but I don't get how one could be not registering. (I did in fact not have the watch on from 8 am to 9 am, where it is showing a missing bar from 9 am to 10 am.)

The other thing is that when a new hour comes around, the Stand display will normally show the greyed-out bar until you get your stand in. Now it is showing nothing at all for a new hour. (I make sure to give it plenty of time to update.) Though once you get your stand in, it changes from nothing to solid, instead of greyed-out to solid.

dst-stand2.jpeg

That would actually be a correct display if that last bar meant that I had stood after 3 pm. But in this case that last bar is my stand after 2 pm, and I hadn't yet stood after 3 pm.

I wonder if this will clear up by tomorrow.

Last edited:

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Have you terminated and restarted the Fitness app? I find that it messes up like this frequently when I cross time zones (and I do that a lot), but a reboot of the app usually fixes things.

Reactions: japanime

madler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
Pasadena, CA
Have you terminated and restarted the Fitness app? I find that it messes up like this frequently when I cross time zones (and I do that a lot), but a reboot of the app usually fixes things.
Yep. I killed it and restarted it. No change.

Though I hadn't tried rebooting the whole watch. Just did that. Still no change.

Last edited:

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Yep. I killed it and restarted it. No change.

Though I hadn't tried rebooting the whole watch. Just did that. Still no change.
I had to look twice but seems the same for me, the actual count is correct though.
The fitness app on the phone looks correct, maybe a glitch with the new display mode on the watch?

madler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
Pasadena, CA
Four the four people on the planet following this saga, it's working fine today, the day after the DST change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.