Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scruff1026

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
Why is my phone showing my steps in the health app but not showing on the fitness app.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The sooner you get away from tracking steps with an iPhone, the better off you'll be. Get a dedicated pedometer you clip on your belt. iPhone step tracking is an frequent source of inaccurate frustration. Its not accurate or dependable.
(In my experience)

Scruff1026

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
The sooner you get away from tracking steps with an iPhone, the better off you'll be. Get a dedicated pedometer you clip on your belt. iPhone step tracking is an frequent source of inaccurate frustration. Its not accurate or dependable.
(In my experience)
I mean it seemed to work fine with my watch but I can no longer wear it at work. So today I noticed it recording on one and not the other.

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
(In my experience)
@Scruff1026 - now i see it is correct. I actually gave away my Watch 5 to a niece and bought a Fitbit tracker, which is excellent. 😊

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.