Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sc0ward

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Is anyone experiancing and issue with fitness updates? I only get them if i'm connected to WIFI

More i think about it i thnk its more the phone that the watch. I get all other notifications with no issues. Just the fitness ones only work on WIFi, even if i open the fitness app on my phone, nobodies activity updates untill i'm connectred to WIFI ?!?

Got my head battered, i've unpaired and reset the watch too

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Sorry, what do you mean by "fitness updates"? Which app is this for, and which functionality is not working as expected?

Sc0ward

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Apple activty that links to the watch.

I dont get any notifications about anyone finihsing a workout, or when i go on the app on my phone all the friends i have show no progress unless i am on WIFI

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Apple activty that links to the watch.

I dont get any notifications about anyone finihsing a workout, or when i go on the app on my phone all the friends i have show no progress unless i am on WIFI

I never get notifications about finishing a workout on my iPhone, only on my Apple Watch. A notification on your Apple Watch about finishing a workout has nothing to do with connectivity over WiFi or bluetooth because this is all happening locally on the watch.

Related to connectivity between your iPhone and your Watch, is your bluetooth enabled on your iPhone and Apple Watch? Keep in mind if you have do not disturb enabled on your Watch or Phone, notifications will be delivered silently and you won't be immediately notified. Additionally, iPhone and Apple Watch do not continuously run in the background constantly updating for shared information (e.g. progress shared with friends). This would kill batteries of both your devices and theirs. It occasionally updates in the background at some time interval (unsure what it's set at, probably 15-30 min, or perhaps only if one of you or your friends opens the app).

Sc0ward

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I never get notifications about finishing a workout on my iPhone, only on my Apple Watch. A notification on your Apple Watch about finishing a workout has nothing to do with connectivity over WiFi or bluetooth because this is all happening locally on the watch.

Related to connectivity between your iPhone and your Watch, is your bluetooth enabled on your iPhone and Apple Watch? Keep in mind if you have do not disturb enabled on your Watch or Phone, notifications will be delivered silently and you won't be immediately notified. Additionally, iPhone and Apple Watch do not continuously run in the background constantly updating for shared information (e.g. progress shared with friends). This would kill batteries of both your devices and theirs. It occasionally updates in the background at some time interval (unsure what it's set at, probably 15-30 min, or perhaps only if one of you or your friends opens the app).

Yeah sorry i meant i get no notifications about the activity at all on my watch untill i'm on Wifi, for example im at work all day with no wifi, soon as i go somehwere with wifi they all come through at once. What i meant about the phone is if you open the activity app and look at friend list, none of thir progress will update unless im on wifi wither

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
I had the same issue with iOS 12 on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. When switching to an iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 13 it suddenly started working again. I was never able to fix it previously, no matter what I tried.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.