Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarcKerr

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
Indiana
I don't believe it's directly compatible but you can probably still use it with the cycling classes. You apparently need equipment that is "GymKit" compatible for Fitness+ to control the equipment. I've not looked at the details for that yet. I've been using my Wahoo KICKRsnap. The workout data onscreen comes from your Apple Watch. It's not clear to me what you might gain with a GymKit indoor cycle. Perhaps it will control resistance and maybe measure speed and cadence but I've not seen info on that yet.

With the Wahoo snap I run the Wahoo fitness app on my phone which collects speed, cadence and heart rate from my Wahoo TICKR. On an iPad I run Fitness+ to follow the indoor cycling video. On screen it shows heart rate from my watch so that's what is used to show the Burn Bar for comparison purposes. The video does say want cadence you might want to be at and to add or reduce resistance so you could do that manually on any indoor cycling setup.

Reactions: BobHinden

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I haven’t been able to find one but I wish they’d add it. You can still follow along and just modify a little bit.

Reactions: BobHinden
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.