Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evol_kesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
I have one long straight crack on the very top of my apple watch screen. It was fine for the first few months as it doesn't obstruct any of the actual screen as it is cracked above it but now the screen is actually coming out of the aluminium frame and soon it will snap out of the apple watch.

I looked at the prices to fix it and it was too much so i was wondering if i could just use a little bit of super glue and just spread it over the tiny crack with my finger. Would it screw up my touch screen and make the touch or the force touch unusable? Just confirming, the crack is above the actual LED screen.

Please respond so I can make a desicion. thanks

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have one long straight crack on the very top of my apple watch screen. It was fine for the first few months as it doesn't obstruct any of the actual screen as it is cracked above it but now the screen is actually coming out of the aluminium frame and soon it will snap out of the apple watch.

I looked at the prices to fix it and it was too much so i was wondering if i could just use a little bit of super glue and just spread it over the tiny crack with my finger. Would it screw up my touch screen and make the touch or the force touch unusable? Just confirming, the crack is above the actual LED screen.

If you want to risk that, it's on you. Your Watch is already broken, but the glue may have a reaction with the display and or any other unknown effects. I personally would not. I would say it's time to look for a new Watch if possible.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Be very careful and do not get the superglue on anything except where you want it. It might be worth the risk as it is broken now. Cost to fix is likely more than the device is worth.

gjr74

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2017
PA, USA

[doublepost=1506709290][/doublepost]I would try a clear silicone glue instead, which will allow you to scrape off the excess after it dries with your fingernail. Super glue’s excess will turn white and hard- only nail polish remover would take that off and might damage the rest of your screen.

Reactions: evol_kesh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.