Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Koobs123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Okay so this is the second time this has happened and im wondering if there is apossible solution aside from re-installing the app.

Its just a game (Field runners 2) but honestly i put too much time into it to lose my progress again.

First time my phone died and when oli try to open app its stuck/frozen on load screen and wont load... Thinking game center will save my progress I reinstalled the app but it didnt and i had to start over.

It happened again but this time I am waaayyyy to far and I am hoping I can do the following...

1. Modify or delete some file that may be causing this using ifile

2. Save the file that contains my progress information that I can then just copy and paste over to the reinstalled new game.

Hope someone can help! Thanks.

Here are some pics of the files.

In the closing app mode it still remembers my last view of game when it crashed but wont open

5937DB9F-91CA-4C18-865D-CA2541711079.png

BFF154B3-16D7-439F-B44D-555E84A01264.png

8F8EBF80-91BF-43B6-840E-CE80134E521A.png

D1AC8310-6F45-4B30-8BBC-730A7EC4BAF9.png

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Okay so this is the second time this has happened and im wondering if there is apossible solution aside from re-installing the app.

Its just a game (Field runners 2) but honestly i put too much time into it to lose my progress again.

First time my phone died and when oli try to open app its stuck/frozen on load screen and wont load... Thinking game center will save my progress I reinstalled the app but it didnt and i had to start over.

It happened again but this time I am waaayyyy to far and I am hoping I can do the following...

1. Modify or delete some file that may be causing this using ifile

2. Save the file that contains my progress information that I can then just copy and paste over to the reinstalled new game.

Hope someone can help! Thanks.

Here are some pics of the files.

In the closing app mode it still remembers my last view of game when it crashed but wont open

Don't go in the .app folder, that usually won't contain your save files. It might be in the library, documents, or one of the other folders

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.