Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I've never seen this before, and with the fuss about Flash lately, I'm wondering if this is bogus? Anybody else got the file showing in DU?

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Can't do anything except choose erase, but I don't want my main partiton screwed over...Any thoughts?
It won't hurt your main partition. The partition described there is the .DMG.

Have you tried following the Disk Image Path at the bottom of your screen shot and deleting the file?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
I just checked my MBP and iMac, nothing there...starting to smell fishy here I think...I could run ClamAV over the system, or I could erase the partition...Seem to be the only two options available to me...I really don't want to re-install ML again..

----------

It won't hurt your main partition. The partition described there is the .DMG.

Have you tried following the Disk Image Path at the bottom of your screen shot and deleting the file?

Okay, On your head be it..:D I will erase it now.

Can't erase but can eject it...Rebooting now.

----------

Gone....Must have been a ghost image from the ML install or similar...It has not reappeared after re-boot so all is well again...weird though.

----------

Doubly weird....All my saved passwords vanished after the re-boot...Connection? No idea, but when it comes to security I'm OCD...Will watch this over the course of the day.

Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
** Update**

Tracked this down to the most recent Flash updater...It installs, ejects correctly at first, but then randomly reappears in DU. I've tried to isolate it to a specific site or app, and it appears to be related to Twitter, and specifically when viewing a photo or link within the app.

It then "sticks" in DU until ejected. It does no harm as far as I can tell, just badly written, and will no doubt be fixed in the next round of updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.