Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quadt89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Hannover, Germany
Hi Mac friends,

I updated yesterday my 10.12.x version to the new 10.13 DP1. I changed to the new AFPS format. After 90min. all was fine installed and worked so far.

I use the iMac 5k late 2014, 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD fusion drive combo.

But when my iMac goes to sleep, after a few minutes I get some flashing question mark folder on a black screen. I have to reboot, that takes 5min and then I can use my mac normally. It only indexes the spotlight new.

Do you know this problem and how to solve it?
Maybe is power nap failing?

Thank you

wx4olf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Last month when my MacBook had a similar issue (white flashing folder after sleeping) it turned out to be a hardware fault (IO controller) and Apple replaced the logic board.

In your case the first thing I would do is try a reinstall of the 10.13 preview or revert back to 10.12 to see if that fixes the problem. The flashing white folder screen means that the computer can't find system so it could be that the AFPS change messed up in some manner.

quadt89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Hannover, Germany
I reinstalled now 10.13, I guess it was about 20minutes faster than the first time. Now I hope that the flashing folder is gone. I deactivate power nap and end standby by network access.

Tomorrow I report more

quadt89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Hannover, Germany
I reinstalled now 10.13, I guess it was about 20minutes faster than the first time. Now I hope that the flashing folder is gone. I deactivate power nap and end standby by network access.

Tomorrow I report more
Ok, no difference. Same failure, but after 10 hours. Not good. Going back to 10.12

gjpgjp

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Cheltenham, UK
Hello

I have exactly the same Mac set up as quadt89 running MAC OS 10.13 Beta 1

I am experiencing the same flashing icon. You simply leave unattended or put into sleep manually and on your return you're guaranteed to be greeted by that lovely icon. To get back to normal a hard reboot is required.

I have submitted this to Apple as a bug report.

quadt89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Hannover, Germany
Hello

I have exactly the same Mac set up as quadt89 running MAC OS 10.13 Beta 1

I am experiencing the same flashing icon. You simply leave unattended or put into sleep manually and on your return you're guaranteed to be greeted by that lovely icon. To get back to normal a hard reboot is required.

I have submitted this to Apple as a bug report.

yes, hard reboot helps, but it takes a few minutes to boot and more minutes to work with the rebooted system. so, no option for me. i am back to 10.12. what will you do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.