Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
The title sums it up. My flashlight is fully functional, and shows up in the control center just fine. But no more button (for the camera either) on the lock screen. It's been like this since day 1 on the iOS 16 update. Can't figure out what I'm missing, or if they simply removed them for certain models.

I'm not seeing this discussed anywhere else, so either I'm a poor searcher, I'm a one-off, or nobody really cares... or all of the above. :)

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
The SE screen is short, so they probably removed the buttons to make room for the new Lock Screen options.

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
The SE screen is short, so they probably removed the buttons to make room for the new Lock Screen options.

That does appear to be the case. Watched a few YouTube videos showing the same with that specific phone. Don't really get it, though. There's still room, even under the notifications - they're still high enough to allow those to be there. 🤷‍♂️

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
It's always only been available on iPhones with Face ID. My guess is the idea was to give easier access to the flashlight because the control center is all the way at the top of the screen and harder to reach. On the SE and older models you can just swipe up from the bottom.

Reactions: jntdroid

btoast4656

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2023
So I accidentally figured out how to find them! In the control center category of the settings (I just searched to pull it up), there’s an option to turn on/off show home controls. That is what is in the way of the flashlight/camera/other controls. The flashlight and camera are still there, so even if you don’t turn off the smart home controls you can still get to them by swiping up again after you swipe to pull up the control center. Hope this helps

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
So I accidentally figured out how to find them! In the control center category of the settings (I just searched to pull it up), there’s an option to turn on/off show home controls. That is what is in the way of the flashlight/camera/other controls. The flashlight and camera are still there, so even if you don’t turn off the smart home controls you can still get to them by swiping up again after you swipe to pull up the control center. Hope this helps
The OP is asking about the flashlight and camera toggles on the Lock Screen of FaceID phones not control center.. They don't have them on iPhones with a home button (OP has an SE 3)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.