Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

have you been affected by 'flexgate'?

• Total voters

diegotheplantboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2019
Just wanted to show proof that apple has and continued to remove my posts with any mention of flexgate. At first, ny original post did not contain pictures, and it remained on the website for about tow to three days. The moment I added pictures it got deleted, which I followed to make another post with the email I received from them, and once again, removed. Now I will post the most recent email, with the screenshots of my the prior email to that, which included the pictures. It may be a little hard to follow, but I just wanted to have evidence.
IMG_1799.PNG
IMG_1800.PNG
IMG_1801.PNG
IMG_1802.PNG
IMG_1803.PNG
IMG_1804.jpg
IMG_1805.PNG

[doublepost=1553963480][/doublepost]sorry about the typos, made this in a rush

Reactions: trifid

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
ITs apple's supported site, and they fund the site. Don't like it, find another, simple as that. They remove all sorts of posts/threads because it goes against their rules, and/or policies.

Reactions: Audit13

Garage Battle

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Orlando, FL
We need a collection house for each incident. Way to log each case with photos, video, year/model/size, what did Apple do to make it right?

Also I'll start looking into previous law firms that have brought class action suits against Apple and see if they'll bite.

Reactions: diegotheplantboy

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
It’s fairly simple. You linked to iFixIt which is a site dedicated to opening and fixing the device yourself.

Apple explained this quite clearly in the email, so I’m not sure where your confusion or frustration is coming from TBH.

Reactions: MSastre and robvas

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Some just go further than others that's all. (....and others way overboard)

control is control, but there is also something called freedom.

trifid

macrumors 68020
May 10, 2011
Post it again without linking to iFixit, I want to see what happens. I suspect Apple wants to censor Flexgate as much as they can since it'll be severely expensive to launch another repair program in addition to keyboard-gate.

Last edited:

diegotheplantboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2019
We need a collection house for each incident. Way to log each case with photos, video, year/model/size, what did Apple do to make it right?

Also I'll start looking into previous law firms that have brought class action suits against Apple and see if they'll bite.

it's a 2016 macbook pro touch bar
[doublepost=1554014442][/doublepost]
Post it again without linking to iFixit, I want to see what happens. I suspect Apple wants to censor Flexgate as much as they can since it'll be severely expensive to launch another repair program in addition to keyboard-gate.
i posted it originally with the link and it wasn't removed for a while, only once i added the pictures they took it off of their site

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
it's a 2016 macbook pro touch bar
[doublepost=1554014442][/doublepost]
i posted it originally with the link and it wasn't removed for a while, only once i added the pictures they took it off of their site
You’re assuming the pictures are the cause, but correlation isn’t causation. Could just be coincidental timing.

diegotheplantboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2019
Mine was just removed few minutes ago
figures. Have you sent feedback on apple.com/feedback ? How about visiting the stores? I went in to the genius bar, and they only gave me paid repair options even though all diagnostics showed my computer was alright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.