Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2022
Kind of shady imo. Most times I go on a tip I would fly out Saturday morning then come back the following Sunday night. That's now $8 when it was once $6. This tier also lacks many of the features that makes Flighty actually an interesting app, like email syncing.

Copied is the explanation from Flighty's owner, a weirdly corporate PR statement for a company of under 10 people.

"We replaced Monthly with Weekly after trying both and talking to users for months. The vast majority of users prefer Weekly because it better aligns with their trips and is cheaper. While Weekly may not be best in every single scenario, the data and feedback was overwhelmingly positive."

• Sad
Reactions: max2 and Tagbert

Big Bad D

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
France
I regularly use Flighty and am on an annual subscription since travel has picked up since covid pandemic. In my view, it beats the competition by miles.

I just checked and still see in Mac App Store subscriptions all existing options for weekly (3.99€), monthly (6.99€) or annual (49.99€). And have seen no message on any changes? I do not see anything about different feature levels depending on subscription period? Pro subscription should be pro subscription.

But certainly Flighty communications are somewhat lacking…

Reactions: zinacef

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2022
I regularly use Flighty and am on an annual subscription since travel has picked up since covid pandemic. In my view, it beats the competition by miles.

I just checked and still see in Mac App Store subscriptions all existing options for weekly (3.99€), monthly (6.99€) or annual (49.99€). And have seen no message on any changes? I do not see anything about different feature levels depending on subscription period? Pro subscription should be pro subscription.

But certainly Flighty communications are somewhat lacking…
I cannot select monthly from the app if I try to subscribe. I emailed the developer and they said this was intentional. They said they cannot remove the monthly listing from the store page due to some sort of Apple limitation.

It’s possible this is an America only thing, but it says on the pages clearly some features are excluded.
IMG_8462.png

This sucks because I’m never going to convince a family member to pay $4 a week and have it not do any of the automated features that make it useful, plus most of the trips they go on last 8 days and not 7. 😕

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2022
I just subscribed for a month subscription ($5.99) as of October 1st.
How long have you been using the app? I wonder if it still shows up for older users but is inaccessible to new ones… the first time I downloaded the app was in August 2023.

Reactions: max2

Big Bad D

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
France
How long have you been using the app? I wonder if it still shows up for older users but is inaccessible to new ones… the first time I downloaded the app was in August 2023.
I‘ve been using Flighty as my preferred flight app for less than a year. But had trialled it for some tome before, in parallel with App In The Air which I had previously subscribed to but found lacking features and sometimes flight data reliability.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.