Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jetheat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I have an app that is not compatible with Apple Home.

The app allows me to control a Wifi socket. When I flip the toggle inside the app, it sends a command to the socket to turn on and off.

I want to be able to add this action to Shortcuts so I can control that with Siri.

Is there a way to flip a toggle switch in Shortcuts?

JH

IMG_703DA5FED2CD-1.jpeg

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Unless the app supports it probably not. What brand of smart switch are you using?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I don't quite think the developer forum is the best place for this post, unless this is an app you've developed, in which case we may be able to give tips on how to expose that functionality to Shortcuts through your app's code.
Otherwise I think you'll get better results posting it in a more apposite forum :)

Jetheat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
The app is called Wiwo (Chinese brand of socket).

I posted it here because I wanna know if there is a way to program the shortucts app to toggle the switch.
I've managed to get shortcuts to open the app. Now i just need it to flip the toggle switch.
JH

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Just had a look at the app on the App Store and it looks like it hasn’t been updated in over 5 years, so you maybe out of luck getting this to work in the Shortcuts app.

Jetheat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Since the app opens in shortcuts, can a program be made to flip the switch?

lostom

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2010
Since the app opens in shortcuts, can a program be made to flip the switch?
I have no idea if this would work or not, how about looking at 3rd party app into your HomeKit : Controller for HomeKit.

It's in the App Store and offers a lot more option that HomeKit doesn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.