Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheddar-caveman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Is there any way I can change my iPhone 12 mini photo format from HEIC to JPEG or any other internationally recognised format?

HEIC's are a pain if, for example, I want the photos for Facebook (or most other online pages) I have to export them from my phone to Downloads on my MBP laptop, then from there to Photos and then re export them from there as JPEG to my Desktop (or a folder thereon).. Only then can I import them from there to Facebook (or wherever).

Very annoying!

Reactions: oneseattleguy

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Is there any way I can change my iPhone 12 mini photo format from HEIC to JPEG or any other internationally recognised format?

HEIC's are a pain if, for example, I want the photos for Facebook (or most other online pages) I have to export them from my phone to Downloads on my MBP laptop, then from there to Photos and then re export them from there as JPEG to my Desktop (or a folder thereon).. Only then can I import them from there to Facebook (or wherever).

Very annoying!
On your iPhone:
Settings - Camera - Formats - select Most Compatible

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
There's also a shortcut you can use to convert photos to jpg on your phone directly.

Check under photos.

Vref

Suspended
Feb 16, 2023
DHP
Or you can screen shot them

Any photo I post I screen shot and then use Metaphoto to remove all meta data, or swap with bogus meta data, on the screen shot I also like to crop a little edge off the photo so it’s obvious it wasn’t the original

• Sad
Reactions: DeepIn2U

oneseattleguy

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2023
Seattle

Very annoying!
  • Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  • Tap Camera > Formats > Most Compatible.
  • Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  • Tap Photos.
  • In the Transfer to Mac Or PC section, tap Automatic.
  • Open the HEIC photo you want to convert in Preview.
  • Click File, and then select Export in the menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.