Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otomo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
Is there such an app that is a Floating Clipboard which has direct paste to the foreground app?

Here's the scenario:

App is a Clipboard Manager that floats, aka a Floating Clipboard.

The user (me) can program frequently used text snippets (not interested in images) that can be seen in a clickable list in this floating, re-positionable window.

These text snippets can be pasted *directly* from a single click on the floating window to the foreground app's cursor position. Videos I've seen of other clipboard managers make this a two-step process where you select the clipboard content and it is loaded in the paste buffer and then the user has to go to the foreground app and click command-V. That doesn't save as much time or work as efficiently as having a single click direct to clipboard function. But I have no idea if this exists or what search keywords would uncover this. I've landed on the term "direct paste" for this feature but maybe I can't find it because it has another name.

Anything out there like that? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.