Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxoakland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2021
Is there a way to set up Focus or use Shortcuts to have a specific Focus on for a set amount of time -- and then turn it off automatically after that amount of time?

So far I can only seem to find how to turn it on and off automatically at specific times of day but what I really want is to turn a Focus on for, say, an hour and then it will turn itself off without me having to do anything

I tried searching online, looking at the options while creating a new Focus and even looked through Shortcuts but so far I haven't figured out how to do it

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
Is there a way to set up Focus or use Shortcuts to have a specific Focus on for a set amount of time -- and then turn it off automatically after that amount of time?

So far I can only seem to find how to turn it on and off automatically at specific times of day but what I really want is to turn a Focus on for, say, an hour and then it will turn itself off without me having to do anything

I tried searching online, looking at the options while creating a new Focus and even looked through Shortcuts but so far I haven't figured out how to do it
Tap the 3 dots ... to open the option

IMG_0490.png

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Shorcut’s Set Focus action has option to set to a specific time.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: arw

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
Yeah but I’m looking for a length of time not a time of day
The 90 minutes is the length of time.
The Current Date is a variable that gets filled with the current date and time each time the Shortcut is run.
The Adjusted Date is exactly 90 minutes from the time the Shortcut is run.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
The 90 minutes is the length of time.
The Current Date is a variable that gets filled with the current date and time each time the Shortcut is run.
The Adjusted Date is exactly 90 minutes from the time the Shortcut is run.

This. And if want to make this a general solution, can prompt for number of minutes and Focus name. Bonus with this method, can specify any time unit as well as number of units.

Attachments

• p1.png
    p1.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 29
  • p2.png
    p2.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 25
  • p3.png
    p3.png
    118 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: arw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.