Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Felder71

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
I want an "Out of Office" focus mode where I don't see or hear any notifications from Outlook or Teams. In general, it works okay but I've got one issue - I still get notifications shoved to my Notification Center. On the phone, they are hidden so I can kind of ignore them, but they aren't on my watch so I end up seeing them when looking for other notifications. That defeats the purpose if I get notifications shoved in my face. I kind of want to treat this almost like a "vacation" mode. I just want absolutely no notifications at all from these two apps based on this mode and I don't even care if they appear after I turn it back on (I would just go look in the apps for what I missed anyway). Is there any way that is possible (without having to go into Settings and disabling notifications for the time being)?

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
You can't have Focus Modes block notifications completely.

However, you can do that within these two apps themselves. Outlook and Teams have a "Quiet Time" setting that blocks notifications from coming through. I have mine configured so that I only receive notifications during working hours. New mail or messages sent after hours or on weekends do not trigger a notification. If I go on vacation, then I turn on quiet time 24/7 until I get back.

Reactions: NoBoMac

Felder71

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
That is definitely useful to know but kind of a bummer that I need to handle it in two different places. Either way, I appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.