Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
I hate to start a new thread on this but is anybody using FolderEnhancer?

On 5.1.1 it showed a default black image when inside of a folder. Now it shows nothing (completely transparent).

I've compared the settings of the two phones and they are identical. Is anybody else having this problem?

It's displaying my home screen wallpaper here. On my old phone it had a nice textured background.
cqCzMdz.png

SOLVED: known bug, will be fixed soon

Last edited:

tuan time

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
Settings>folder enhancer>Appearance>Back ground color. Adjust the sliders to your preference or add your own image.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
No need to get defensive. The cracked version is known to have issues like you mentioned and my paid version works perfectly.

Ha, sorry I kind of took it in an accusatory tone. I just reinstalled it but no luck.

Incidentally I installed it on my iPad and got a 'thank you for purchasing folderenhancer" but I don't get it on my phone. So it looks like my iPhone copy isn't registering itself.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Try sliding "use image file" to on

It's already enabled but turning it off and on had no effect.

I'm fairly convinced at this point it's not reading me as registered even though Cydia shows it as purchased. I never got a thank you message on install like I did on my iPad. Do I have to 'unregister' it from my old phone somehow?

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Does default to transparent. But you can just change to whatever you want.

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
Sounds like you have the cracked version.

I must have the cracked version that I paid for also! Why accuse people of
pirating before asking basic questions??? It shows a certain arrogance that we do not need on the forums.

I had issues with the background on my iPhone 5 also so I deleted it
for now till the issues are fixed. It is working perfectly on my iPad though!

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Settings > FolderEnhancer > turn off Use Image File > Background Color > set alpha to 100% for a completely black background

I personally have it set to 75% for a slightly translucent look.

(paid version)

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I hate to start a new thread on this but is anybody using FolderEnhancer?

On 5.1.1 it showed a default black image when inside of a folder. Now it shows nothing (completely transparent).

I've compared the settings of the two phones and they are identical. Is anybody else having this problem?

It's displaying my home screen wallpaper here. On my old phone it had a nice textured background.

It is a known issue. I'm experiencing it as well. Earlier today on Twitter the dev said he is aware of the problem and an update should be in cydia really soon. Either later today or tomorrow. It all depends on how quickly the repo maintainers can get it uploaded. As everyone is aware, they have been getting hammered. Either way, a fix will be out soon!

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
It is a known issue. I'm experiencing it as well. Earlier today on Twitter the dev said he is aware of the problem and an update should be in cydia really soon. Either later today or tomorrow. It all depends on how quickly the repo maintainers can get it uploaded. As everyone is aware, they have been getting hammered. Either way, a fix will be out soon!

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.