Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angoodkind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
I am brand new to FAH. Downloaded the latest release, 4.7.7., and am running on OSX 10.10 on a 15" MBP. In the viewer, the protein keeps showing only sporadically, or not at all. Is there a setting I need to change?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Saw your post over in FF ... Welcome to the world of folding.

Do you have some more details ... Could you post the folding log file showing what system and configuration you run ? And what project you got assigned ?

You might have too much CPU allocated to the folding and run short of CPU power to drive the rendering; even with GPU. You could also try to change the rendering details as mention in FF.

Since Yosemite is still beta I have it only on a MBA where I don't bother with folding. So can't really test your setup. But I will try the viewer and see if I can reproduce.

And as you are brand new to folding: make sure to get a passkey installed as early as possible to receive so called "Quick Return Bonus" or "QRB". It require to finish 10 work units successfully and will then increase your points quite a bit. http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-passkey/

And don't forget to join team 3446, if you like. :D

Last edited:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Just installed the viewer on my MBA 2010, beta version of 10.10.

Run smooth, but over network. Means the folding take place on two Linux systems, the MBA only render.

Please share your config so we can see how many CPU you have left.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Please see over in FF: one member there found a bug ticket indicating that in some cases (projects) only every other snapshot is displayed. That could be your issue, too. That means nothing wrong with your setup.

Did you got meanwhile another project/WU assigned ? Same issue ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.