Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
This is a follow up to "I have The RAREST Apple Item EVER!" Post, I had said I would get some images of the Macintosh 1994 Computer never made well HERE they are! Enjoy Everyone!

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
So what is the point? it dont work, dont run and takes up space. Plus its ugly. Tell me who is gonna "collect" this? Strange to me to think someone really wants it as much as you want to get rid of it for profit.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
Sdashiki: Well, there are people that collect such things (I got $200 for a corporate sale from Apple), I got $270 for a MacTV, many other examples... I think it is just a few collectors though but they fight each other for the rare stuff. I'll post some pictures of a Prototype Apple Stock Certifacte I found too (FRAMED w/ Plaque!)... Its amazing at least for fun to see how much this stuff sells for, its really fun to watch... Let me use a good example, say I had a G5 Prototype and it was uglier then dirt, and did not work (nor would it ever), would you want it?

Chundles: No, but I've enough probable cause for Apple to search my home :D

Sly: I found out from other people you are right there was three Apple Prototypes for the settop box (like the one you have a picture of) the STB1, STB2, and STB3... But I'm glad I've the first proto
:cool:

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
CanadaRAM said:
Photo 6 on the auction is of a completely different motherboard -- an LCII or III or 475.

Yes, that is the upper board that fits on top the the main board below, that is of the Primus Performa Series Boards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.