Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hairfarmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
I took a screenshot of a font loaded into FontBook that I'm having trouble with, April-Skyline.

http://www.sitnsail.com/hairfarm/Picture1.jpg

If you notice in the screenshot, there is a "dash" or "hyphen" in front of the font name. The other fonts do not have this dash in front of their name.
Whenever I load a font, and see this dash, I immediately know that the font will not show up in any of my program menus even though it "appears" in Font Book. The other fonts that have no dash/hyphen all appear in my menus and work correctly. This font was created in 91.

What I have discovered - If a font has a dash/hyphen (-) in the font name, then Font Book will always put a dash in
front of the fonts name in the Font Book list. I wonder if the font name has anything to do with my problem.
Its almost as if having a dash in the orginal font name causes problems with Font Book.

Anybody familiar with this weird issue?

Thanks,

Hairfarm

jgracia

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Hairfarmer said:
I took a screenshot of a font loaded into FontBook that I'm having trouble with, April-Skyline.

http://www.sitnsail.com/hairfarm/Picture1.jpg

If you notice in the screenshot, there is a "dash" or "hyphen" in front of the font name. The other fonts do not have this dash in front of their name.
Whenever I load a font, and see this dash, I immediately know that the font will not show up in any of my program menus even though it "appears" in Font Book. The other fonts that have no dash/hyphen all appear in my menus and work correctly. This font was created in 91.

What I have discovered - If a font has a dash/hyphen (-) in the font name, then Font Book will always put a dash in
front of the fonts name in the Font Book list. I wonder if the font name has anything to do with my problem.
Its almost as if having a dash in the orginal font name causes problems with Font Book.

Anybody familiar with this weird issue?

Thanks,

Hairfarm

As a test. Close all applications and put the all family font into:
Users\useraccount\Library\fonts
And open your OSX text editor and see what happends.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.