Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJCD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2021
I have just upgrades from OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 on an old 2008 iMac to Big Sur 11.01 on a 2017 iMac. The problem I am having is installing fonts from any old Mac. When installing into Font Book on Big Sur, I get no dialogue box to confirm installation. The fonts simply don't appear anyway. Also when I select the fonts I am about to install (from a memory stick) and select validate files, they all flag up as serious errors. Finally, on Font Book, top left originally had 'All Fonts, Computer and User' now only All Fonts appear. Any help is greatly appreciated.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have just upgrades from OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 on an old 2008 iMac to Big Sur 11.01 on a 2017 iMac. The problem I am having is installing fonts from any old Mac. When installing into Font Book on Big Sur, I get no dialogue box to confirm installation. The fonts simply don't appear anyway. Also when I select the fonts I am about to install (from a memory stick) and select validate files, they all flag up as serious errors. Finally, on Font Book, top left originally had 'All Fonts, Computer and User' now only All Fonts appear. Any help is greatly appreciated.
There have been lots and lots of bugs fixed between 11.0.1 and the current 11.2.3. I would start by updating, then trying again.

TJCD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2021
Just updated and same issue. User and Computer still not appearing below All Fonts in Font Book dialogue box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.