Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farthen

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Germany
After installing 10.11 I wanted to change some fonts (eg. in Adium) to the new system font San Francisco. But the font picker does not show San Francisco as an option for me. Font Book doesn't show it either. Manually importing the files through the Font Book.app doesn't work because it is complaining about duplicates… Am I just looking at the wrong place? I can't find it under either "SFNS" or "San Francisco" in the "All Fonts" list.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I believe that this is intentional. Apple apparently doesn't want users to use the typeface for their own ends. You could try looking for the font files on the web that don't have these restrictions. But it's not legal of course.

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK
It may be that when the final versions of these fonts are released alongside the OS's in the autumn they'll allow them in the font picker. But I wouldn't hold my breath

markosb

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
I found these fonts, they are very similar to what Apple uses, but I could be wrong. I know Apple is very protective of the fonts they use, and these are probably not official.

After installing 10.11 I wanted to change some fonts (eg. in Adium) to the new system font San Francisco. But the font picker does not show San Francisco as an option for me. Font Book doesn't show it either. Manually importing the files through the Font Book.app doesn't work because it is complaining about duplicates… Am I just looking at the wrong place? I can't find it under either "SFNS" or "San Francisco" in the "All Fonts" list.

Attachments

• SanFran.zip
    322 KB · Views: 435
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.