Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rutrack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
I can't find any way to scale system fonts or do anything with system fonts for that matter. Is there a way to have reasonable system fonts size with native resolution on OSX ? If there is no accessible option, where would I start looking for it? I sure must be set somewhere.
[doublepost=1539457654][/doublepost]I found these settings in default and set them all to 20, but they don't seem to change much:
NSFixedPitchFontSize = 20;
NSFontSize = 20;
NSLabelFontSize = 20;
NSMessageFontSize = 20;
NSPaletteFontSize = 20;
NSSystemFontSize = 20;
NSTitleBarFontSize = 20;
NSToolTipsFontSize = 14;

rutrack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
I don't think the UI on macOS is scalable like it is in Windows.

It looks like you are correct, unfortunately. It is very uncomfortable, UI is scalable in both linux and windows, sounds like an important feature with high dpi screens.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
This is the major flaw macOS have vs Windows for me. I have vision problem and its a major flaw. I can't believe in 2018 they still don't allow bigger fonts system wide or in-app like iTunes or Messages (yes you can make them a little bigger, but not THAT much). I have a 5k iMac and I had to reduce the resolution of the screen to make fonts bigger. In other words, I sacrifice a better resolution to make it easier for my eyes to read. Yes, you can always zoom, but its annoying to zoom in all the time.

I remember in Windows you can adjust the text as big as you want. Also, on iOS you can also adjust fonts as big as you want so I don't understand why they don't allow this on macOS when ironically they have many great accessibility options and that's why I switched to a mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.