Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
the font and general size of the forums seem extra huge, any way to change this or will it be changed?

looked around for any info and couldn't find any...is anyone else notice this?

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
howard said:
the font and general size of the forums seem extra huge, any way to change this or will it be changed?

looked around for any info and couldn't find any...is anyone else notice this?

I'm definitley feeling the fonts being overly large, I turned down the Safari font size to fight it, but it's making everything else small now, while the forums are normal. Urgh.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
TOOOOO BIG..please fix asap

The upgrade was great guys!! (Took kinda long but it was worth it)... HOWEVER, i agree, the font is soooo big :eek:..could you guys PLLLLEASE fix it asap.

:) :eek:

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
The size of the user name next to the posts should be reduced.

I agree with the others that the fonts seem just a *little* too large.

Nice upgrade otherwise. I really like the collapsable structure of the main forum page. It's nice to minimize forum sections that I don't really frequent.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Is the text size any bigger than the MacRumors front page?

arn

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
The text size of the posts isn't the problem. It's the size of the forum titles, thread titles, and usernames that are a little too large. I think if everything except the posts were reduced by a point or two in font size, it would look just right.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....the new design looks really nice....but I agree - the default font size is way too big....I have to ho the "decrease size" button twice to get it back to where it was before, then increase again when I surf somewhere else.....oh yeah!

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Powerbook G5 said:
Nothing seems any larger than before the upgrade. Am I missing something?

Look at your own username above your 'tar. It is large compared to what it used to be.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
It seems about the same size to me. It's just underlined now and blue. The only thing that jumps out at me with this new design is all the extra wasted space there seems to be. It's also a little too white for my taste, but I suppose it's just a matter of readjusting.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
Here's what the new forums look like on Safari on my PowerBook. Compare the usernames, dates, and forum titles to the Yahoo page. They are all set on the same font size. It's quite a disparity in size.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 202

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
Powerbook G5 said:
It seems about the same size to me. It's just underlined now and blue. The only thing that jumps out at me with this new design is all the extra wasted space there seems to be. It's also a little too white for my taste, but I suppose it's just a matter of readjusting.

not sure why you don't see the font hugeness..but i definitely agree with the sort of wasted space too, i think for at least me a font reduction would help that a little.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I guess I can sort of see the difference in font size. It looks like standard size 12 to me, but perhaps size 10 would be more normal? It doesn't bother me too much, but I do have a widescreen display. I can imagine this would be a big problem on my old PowerBook with only a 1024 resolution.

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
hehe exactly, i'm on an ibook and i need all the space i can get! as of right now i can barely fit an entire post in the window!

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
While the popup window under the user's name is nice... i'd a bigger fan of just keeping it a bold text and then using buttons acorss the bottom. Too radical. Either way, yeh.. the user name needs to be smaller... and bold. And black.

:)

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
I think the text size is ridiculously too big for a forum too. i think rather than making it a set size that you should make it scale with the default font size. that would make everyone happier. don't be like apple! give people options!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.