Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danrad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
Are there any Bluetooth foot pedals out there that work with Garageband? I'd love a foot pedal that would allow me to:

1) Start or stop a song
2) Switch off individual pedals in an amp set-up
3) Switch between tracks within a song

I know about the iRig Blueboard, but my understanding is it has limited functionality with Garageband. I'm not really interested in switching to Amplitube if I can help it.

Any other musicians out there come up with a solution to this? I've been making due switching things manually, but on some songs it's very difficult.

mcrmama

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2017
Hope you find the right one. I use a pageflip pedal in ForScore since I play the piano and love it. I don’t have experience in garage band to recommend a pedal for your purposes though. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Joshuadsmusic

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2018
yes, I'm also looking for a Garagband (iOS) friendly foot pedal out there. the BT4 pedal is kind of like the iRig Blueboard as well, but I wonder if anyone has used either with Garageband?

danrad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
I ended up trying out Bias FX and really liking it, so I went with a BT4. It's a very solid pedal that works well with Bias, but I don't see any way to make it work with Garageband, and Garageband doesn't recognize it as a MIDI input device. (I'm not sure Garageband recognizes MIDI transport commands in any event.)

If there's a way to make that work, I don't know what it is.

Reactions: Joshuadsmusic

Magic Merlin

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2019
Are there any Bluetooth foot pedals out there that work with Garageband? I'd love a foot pedal that would allow me to:

1) Start or stop a song
2) Switch off individual pedals in an amp set-up
3) Switch between tracks within a song

I know about the iRig Blueboard, but my understanding is it has limited functionality with Garageband. I'm not really interested in switching to Amplitube if I can help it.

Any other musicians out there come up with a solution to this? I've been making due switching things manually, but on some songs it's very difficult.
[doublepost=1552246772][/doublepost]I have just purchased a foot pedal - DoCooler PCsensor USB Foot switch. This works just like a keyboard generating a 'b' every time it is pressed. I then use Karabiner Elements which is set up to change a 'b' to a space for play or an 'r' for record. Under the tab 'Simple Modifications' choose 'No product name' and then set up the translation. It worked very easily. If I was buying again I might have got the dual foot switch so I could set one to record and one to stop/rewind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.