Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Here in Europe we’re close to entering into 2024!

And I’m sure other MacRumors pals from eastern countries are already celebrating the new year.

I wanted to open this thread not only to wish you a Happy New Year, but also to share the technology I’m going to enjoy and plan to buy during the next year:

Enjoy:

- My M2 11” IPad Pro, if I can, upgraded to a 256GB model.
- My new and reliable iPhone SE 3
- My remaining 3 months of Apple Music free trial.

Plan to buy:

- My first Apple Silicon Mac mini, wether it is an M3, M3 Pro, or even an M4 if Apple releases it on late 2024.
- Retire my old 1080p 24” Dell monitor from 2007, and get a glossy 27” 4K monitor, probably the Dough Spectrum One with Gorilla Glass when it becomes available on Europe, hopefully through Amazon.
- AirPods 4th gen.
- A PS5, Slim or Pro.

Have a good New Year party, if you plan to celebrate it!

Reactions: Huntn

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Happy new Year. I hope you all have a safe evening and a new year filled with wonderful memories.

I too am enjoying my new Apple toys bought this year and am looking forward to another new Apple Watch Ultra (depending on what is unveiled).

Reactions: Populus

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Happy new Year. I hope you all have a safe evening and a new year filled with wonderful memories.

I too am enjoying my new Apple toys bought this year and am looking forward to another new Apple Watch Ultra (depending on what is unveiled).
Thanks for your kind words. You’re the user with the Eagle and American Flag, right? I guess you changed your avatar because you got an M3 Pro Mac.

Congratulations on your new M3 Pro Mac. If I can ask, why did you chose the M3 Pro? I’m sure it is an awesome chip, but provided many people are claiming that it is not as a big of an upgrade as the M3 Max, I’m now curious what drove you to get an M3 Pro MBP instead of a cheaper M2 Pro MBP, an M3 MBP, or a much more powerful M3 Max MBP. Was anything that made you pull the trigger for the M3 Pro?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Thanks for your kind words. You’re the user with the Eagle and American Flag, right? I guess you changed your avatar because you got an M3 Pro Mac.

Congratulations on your new M3 Pro Mac. If I can ask, why did you chose the M3 Pro? I’m sure it is an awesome chip, but provided many people are claiming that it is not as a big of an upgrade as the M3 Max, I’m now curious what drove you to get an M3 Pro MBP instead of a cheaper M2 Pro MBP, an M3 MBP, or a much more powerful M3 Max MBP. Was anything that made you pull the trigger for the M3 Pro?
I decided that I preferred a smaller portable Mac and needed more storagec so, I sold my 15" MBA to a fellow forum member and got a 14" BTO. I hadn't had an MBP (that I kept since 2012) and thought it was time to see if the hype was real for the MBP.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
Happy New Year! Some 20 minutes to go in CET and I would be in bed but the fireworks are keeping me up, there is an awful lot of loud banging going on outside. The Netherlands buys 105 million euros worth of fireworks for New Year every year, which for a country of just 19 million people is a lot.

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Happy New Year! Some 20 minutes to go in CET and I would be in bed but the fireworks are keeping me up, there is an awful lot of loud banging going on outside. The Netherlands buys 105 million euros worth of fireworks for New Year every year, which for a country of just 19 million people is a lot.
Happy new year to you as well!

I guess most Europe is already into 2024. We have to make this year count!

One of my proposals is to try to waste the less days possible. And to do everything I’ve had on hold for years.

I decided that I preferred a smaller portable Mac and needed more storagec so, I sold my 15" MBA to a fellow forum member and got a 14" BTO. I hadn't had an MBP (that I kept since 2012) and thought it was time to see if the hype was real for the MBP.
Also, I guess that the M3 Pro has the added benefit of better battery life. Enjoy your new Mac!

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Happy new year to you as well!

I guess most Europe is already into 2024. We have to make this year count!

One of my proposals is to try to waste the less days possible. And to do everything I’ve had on hold for years.

Also, I guess that the M3 Pro has the added benefit of better battery life. Enjoy your new Mac!
Thank you. I am really liking the new MBP. I leave it plugged in most of the time and use AlDente to properly regulate the battery charge.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Happy New Year one and all. I went to bed about 10 and slept through until around 5:30 this morning.

As for tech I may update my 2018 Mac mini this year. Or I might see if I can get another year out of it. Only PS/LR seem to tax it.

I’d not be sad if work updated my 2020 13” MBP either or iPhone 12, but I won’t hold my breath.

Reactions: Huntn and Populus

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Happy New Year one and all. I went to bed about 10 and slept through until around 5:30 this morning.

As for tech I may update my 2018 Mac mini this year. Or I might see if I can get another year out of it. Only PS/LR seem to tax it.

I’d not be sad if work updated my 2020 13” MBP either or iPhone 12, but I won’t hold my breath.
If it anti broke, don't fix it!

The only :apple: product on my radar thi year is a iPad mini
perhaps a 7 edition in blue if they release one this year.

as afar as sound i'm sticking with the blue HomePod minis since they serve my ears well.

happy new year, AFB!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
If it anti broke, don't fix it!

The only :apple: product on my radar thi year is a iPad mini
perhaps a 7 edition in blue if they release one this year.

as afar as sound i'm sticking with the blue HomePod minis since they serve my ears well.

happy new year, AFB!
Yeah I’ll probably see if I can hang it out a bit longer. I’m naturally tight!

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I completely understand your points. I think anyone with an A15 iPhone or newer, or an M1 Mac or newer, can hold onto their technology for a bit longer. I know, deep down, Apple won’t like it, but it’s the most environmentally friendly approach we can take, using our devices until their last breath.

I had an A11 iPhone 8 which was still running decently, but it lost support for iOS 17, so I switched to an A15 device (the SE 3) and I will use it until it loses support as well. Or maybe even longer, I love this form factor so much.

If I’m planning to upgrade my Mac mini at some point, it is because my 2014 Intel Haswell is starting to feel a bit old, and overall Intel macs will soon be a thing of the past. So I’m really eager to jump to Apple Silicon for my Mac as well.

I think once I have my A15 iPhone, my M2 iPad Pro, and my M3/M4 Mac, along with a good glossy 4K monitor and a PS5, I won’t need anything else, technology wise. I’ll live in the technology nirvana until at least 2030. Or at least, that’s my wish.

Last edited:

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Well done. I went to bed around 10:30 (first time in recent memory that I haven't stayed up), and got woken up by fireworks at midnight. Then, presumably because it was raining on NYE, we got to repeat it all again last night (it's Tuesday morning here).

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Well done. I went to bed around 10:30 (first time in recent memory that I haven't stayed up), and got woken up by fireworks at midnight. Then, presumably because it was raining on NYE, we got to repeat it all again last night (it's Tuesday morning here).
Oh, you’re earlier than I thought, then! I thought you were from Australia, but being in New Zealand, you’re the first ones to get into the New Year (and Back to School promo, and Black Friday, etc), right?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
One of the joys of living in the countryside. No fireworks.
I rarely stay up for it. Not been out to celebrate NY in decades. Not a fan of parties.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.