Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
it keeps popping up. When I click iCloud and put in my account it says already on there.

Plus and minus signs are greyed out for account too.

And I get beach ball hell with it freezing in the process in this menu.

Haaalp please

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Unfortunately, there are a lot of problems with iCloud on beta 1.

Here's what you can do:

1. Go to your Library > Application Support > iCloud and move the Accounts folder to your desktop
2. Restart your Mac
3. Try again in the System Prefs > Internet Accounts to remove iCloud and sign out of iCloud in System Prefs > iCloud
4. Restart once more and see if you can log in now.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I completely removed iCloud from my computer. Restarted the computer. And then signed back into iCloud. Issue went away for me on both my iMac and MBA.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for the insight, will try later.

beta 2 people, smooth sailing comparatively?

Audentia

macrumors regular
May 28, 2014
Silicon Valley
Well, all the sign out sign in issues of beta 1 are gone, however one issue remains for me. In beta 1, i had 2 duplicate icloud accounts listed, and one of them was "not my main account" and i think perhaps this was reason icloud mail did not work.

Now, there is simply is no icloud account in the mail app. When i go to "icloud" in settings, everything looks fine. When i click on "internet accounts" there is only 1 iCloud account, however nothing is checked and it says it's not the "main account"

Any ideas on a fix? I'm afraid to just click the minus button and remove it as in the past i've seen that cause very bad issues with iCloud connected apps (for example notibility losing my notes, it was running when i removed a duplicate iCloud account in 10.10.2 and it crashed, replacing the notes with blank duplicates, not fun.) Also, given my history with duplicate iCloud accounts, this could be a different issue altogether and not related to 10.11

Any one else out there have similar issues or suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.