Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
(...and if that isn't a straight line...)

Seriously...in other forums, we sometimes post political "Caption This" threads...you know, post a picture of Bush or Kerry, and then have people write funny captions to it.

We do have a pictures forum, but since political comments (however silly) would also be involved, wouldn't it be more appropriate in the political discussion forum?

Thanks.

Tom

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Just don't be standing behind any of the mods when you ask that question. :eek:

Watch, they'll probably tell you not to start the thread.

They tend not to like spam bait threads.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Sun Baked said:
Just don't be standing behind any of the mods when you ask that question. :eek:

Watch, they'll probably tell you not to start the thread.

They tend not to like spam bait threads.

ha - well, there have been some on going "Caption This..." threads in the photo forum. But why not just go ahead and put it in the political forum, that way there isn't any real concern about what's posted.

D

stoid

macrumors 601
I am under the impression that posts in the political forum don't count for your total posts here on mr.com. If that is correct, I would say that the Political Forum would be the best place to put it to avoid spammers.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Whoa, I think you just answered a big question for me.

When I search for all posts by Thomas Veil, I get something like 350 hits...but when I view my public profile, it says I have only about 180 posts.

That confused the heck out of me, mostly because I'd like to reach enough posts to get an avatar. But if my political forum posts don't count against my total, that makes a lot more sense.

Sorry if that's obvious to most folks, but I'm still a relative newbie around here. :eek:

And thank you, Mr. Anderson, for the quick response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.