Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanUk2003

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2003
Worthing, UK
For those of you that have got Panther (lucky so and so's!!!), three questions:

1) When FTP'ing in Finder, can you now upload? In Jaguar, all FTP servers in the Finder were read-only.

2) When clicking on the "network" icon in the new side-bar, I know you can browse networks, but can you ALSO dynamically see and browse Windows Servers / PC's?

3) When connected to a Windows network, can Windows actually "see" the mac in Network Neighborhood or whatever?? I Know if you type it's ip in form of "\\10.0.0.3\mysharename" Windows can see the mac's share, but can it "dynamically" see it?!

Thanks So Much!!!! :)

reckless_0001

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2003
Canada
Re: For those of you that have got Panther...

Originally posted by DanUk2003
For those of you that have got Panther (lucky so and so's!!!), three questions:

1) When FTP'ing in Finder, can you now upload? In Jaguar, all FTP servers in the Finder were read-only.

No.. Still read only sorry.

2) When clicking on the "network" icon in the new side-bar, I know you can browse networks, but can you ALSO dynamically see and browse Windows Servers / PC's?

Yes.. it works pretty cool.

3) When connected to a Windows network, can Windows actually "see" the mac in Network Neighborhood or whatever?? I Know if you type it's ip in form of "\\10.0.0.3\mysharename" Windows can see the mac's share, but can it "dynamically" see it?!

Yes. Only if you have windows sharing turned on though. That works pretty cool too. I like how you can share your printers with windows computers easily.

Thanks So Much!!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.