Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesMcFlyJR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Hi, I’ve been on the XS Max since launch and really liked the size of it. I could do everything one handed (control center, notifications, typing etc)

So for those people who had previous Max sized iPhones and upgraded to the new boxy design 12 Pro Max and 13 Pro Max, how long did it take to adjust to the size?

Just wondering because I got my 13 Pro Max and I have less confidence using this phone one handed than my old XS Max. Wonder if this is something you eventually get used to or if I should downsize (weight is a non-issue)

Reactions: Ahmed7

merc0899

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2020
Went from 12 Mini to 13 Pro Max and I’m still getting used to it. I do miss being able to one hand the Mini but I am trying to let myself get used to the Max. We will see…

JamesMcFlyJR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Went from 12 Mini to 13 Pro Max and I’m still getting used to it. I do miss being able to one hand the Mini but I am trying to let myself get used to the Max. We will see…
wow. I can’t imagine going from the 12 Mini for a whole year and jumping up to the 13 Pro Max.

I feel personally i’m slowly getting used to the size so much so that my XS Max looks smaller than i remembered (if that makes sense).

What made you jump from the 12 Mini to the Pro Max?

merc0899

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2020
wow. I can’t imagine going from the 12 Mini for a whole year and jumping up to the 13 Pro Max.

I feel personally i’m slowly getting used to the size so much so that my XS Max looks smaller than i remembered (if that makes sense).

What made you jump from the 12 Mini to the Pro Max?

I wanted to try the other extreme and see what true battery life is like. Pro Max battery definitely a beast. One hand use not so much. The decision is still in the air…

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
My advice is to get a good, grippy case and that should help with the comfort. But it did (and still does) take some readjustment to use it like the 11PM because of the flat edges and increase screen size.

Reactions: JamesMcFlyJR

JamesMcFlyJR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2016
I wanted to try the other extreme and see what true battery life is like. Pro Max battery definitely a beast. One hand use not so much. The decision is still in the air…
yeah back when the 11 Pro Max got announced and Apple claimed a 5 hour improvement over the XS Max. That is when I knew I had to upgrade to a Max sized iPhone.

Also the 13 Pro Max battery is amazing. My XS Max would last around 6-7 hours of total battery life. This 13 Pro Max i have is on its 14 and a half hours of total battery life at 1%. I’m shocked how much better it is.

5B70BD8A-D4B0-4FBC-B98C-A6C6444176E4.png

Charged it to 100% on Monday 10:30pm and it’s Wednesday 12:50am. i’m amazed.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Only took me a couple days going from a 12 pro to 13 pro max but, I have always used two hands even with smaller iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.