Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Hi everyone,

I have a Series 5 Titanium (Watch Edition) 44mm Apple Watch. I need a new Light Grey Sports band (the one included in the box) but I am unable to find one anywhere. Even Apple can't supply one.

• I contacted Apple support, who advised I contact sales.
  • Sales advised I contact support. Etc.
  • I scheduled a callback and went from support to sales, to Apple care.
  • No one is able to supply the band.
Has anyone managed to find one or get one from Apple?

Here is the one below. They still include it with their S7 Titanium models. Not one person I have dealt with at Apple have any idea what it is, even if I send the screenshot and link to the page.

Very poor support. Pay more for a watch, can't even supply a replacement band.

Thanks for reading

Reactions: George Dawes

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
That's not surprising. Nobody at the Apple Store in Ginza (where I picked my my S7 Titanium) knew anything about the included band, either. I just checked my box, and because the "free" band is simply packaged in there with the Watch, there doesn't seem to be a SKU or part number printed anywhere. Sorry.

Reactions: honglong1976

dor2201

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2015
Israel
Will correspond in chat with the support
Ask to buy the Band -
"SVC, Band, Sport, 44mm, Light Grey."
You will send you a link by email to pay $ 49 and another shipping $ 6.95.

Tell them that this is a Band you received on the watch and should not be bought more at the store.

Reactions: honglong1976

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Ask to buy the Band -

Tell them that this is a Band you received on the watch and should not be bought more at the store.
This is the correct approach and can also be done by phone. You have to emphasize that you are trying to get a replacement part for your watch and NOT trying to buy a band. If they route you to sales, hang up and start over. Sales cannot help.

I successfully did this when I had a SBTi watch. Told the rep that the sport band had broken and I needed to order a replacement part. Gave the agent the watch SN and then the agent was able to see a list of replacement parts. He was nice enough to waive shipping on mine and I was able to pay quickly at the special link that gets emailed to you. Keep trying until you get to a person who can help. It’s a pretty rare request so many customer service reps have never heard it asked and don’t know the right thing to do.

Reactions: orbital~debris

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
Regarding the sport band I’ve got several and find them very tricky to put on

I bought the magnetic leather one , that’s so easy to use

Highly recommended

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Ask to buy the Band -

Easier said than done. Been on the chat again, then phone. Finally got a guy who would send me a strap, then after putting me on hold 6 times, we’ll surprise surprise, he cut me off.

Another call in 5 mins.

Honestly, useless support. Same for when I had an issue with my AirPod Pros. Took me about 10 chats and 10 phone calls to resolve.

I worked in warranty support for quite a few years and the support from Apple so far is abysmal.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
I got a call back and the two people I spoke two were very helpful. The second was a senior technical support guy and found the band.

Option 1
It can be purchased at £56.44

FB24ACD9-D03B-4E36-83B0-1733C5458D35.jpeg

Option 2
if defective, it can be sent back, or send Apple a video showing the issue and they will replace free of charge under the 6 year consumer law in the UK. Only caveat is it needs to be purchased from Apple and a receipt has to been emailed to them.

I had to go with option 1. Would you believe it, I had a quick eBay check (I looked for month) and there is a new unused one for sale £35 :) bought :)

045B00ED-B570-4A24-8ADA-D8D0448D3AF7.jpeg

Reactions: fauxtog
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.