Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GameGuru38

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Ohio
I have a 2007 Mac Mini which can't be upgraded past Lion officially but I am going to use MacPostFactor and install Mountain Lion on it. I just purchased Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store (still waiting for it to be added to my account) but I know I can't officially download it since it isn't supported on this machine (I am assuming, since Yosemite and El Capitan tell me I can't). How can I force it to download anyway so I can use it in MacPostFactor?

If not possible I can log into my wife's 2010 Mac Mini and do it but then I have to put it on a flash drive and transfer so it is another step.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
If not possible I can log into my wife's 2010 Mac Mini and do it but then I have to put it on a flash drive and transfer so it is another step.

I don't know of any work around to get it downloaded from the App Store on an unsupportedMac, but yes, you could DL it on the 2010 then move it over.

Reactions: CoastalOR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.