Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
I'm going to guess the problem is on my iPhone but I'm not sure. It appears that some changes to my contacts have never been pushed up to iCloud. I discovered on my Mac, a particular contact wasn't up to date. I just now edited the contact on the iPhone. Curiously I first added a note and it was pushed but not the new photo. So I edited the photo for the contact and then it was finally updated in iCloud and was reflected on my Mac.

Does anyone have thoughts on how to force a push of all my contacts on my iPhone to iCloud?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
A swipe down on the main contacts page will "refresh" it. Its likely one of your device isn't syncing. If you goto iCloud.com, edit a contact on iCloud.com and see which one doesn't update.

Also check here if you haven't yet.

Reactions: Super Spartan1

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
A swipe down on the main contacts page will "refresh" it. Its likely one of your device isn't syncing. If you goto iCloud.com, edit a contact on iCloud.com and see which one doesn't update.

Also check here if you haven't yet.

Thanks... I’ve visited that URL but it assumes the latest is in the cloud which may or may not be the case.

At this point, the one contact that I know about is synced everywhere properly. But I’m worried that there are others that are not synced but I guess I’ll just bump into them as I go. It seems that somehow at least some updates from my iPhone didn’t make it out.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
There are a number of iCloud syncing issues currently. The odds are that the changes you made in Contacts on your device was pushed to iCloud. You can check by logging into your iCloud account on iCloud.com and checking contacts there. If the correct info is there then on the other device where the new or correct info is not displayed, toggle off Contacts under your iCloud settings screen. I have had to do that with a couple apps such as reminders. That will force a sync of that app down to that device, that should get everything on the same page.

Reactions: pedzsan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.