Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sir raj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
So for any users of the new rmbp with force touch chime in on this. On the system preferences trackpad setting, there is an option right above the force touch sensitivity setting that says silent clicking. Does anyone know what this does? Unfortunately, I am at work right now and can't post a screencap of it but turning it on and off resulted in no discernible change.

Besides that, are there any new features involving force touch in El Cap. I know they opened up the API for devs to use on websites but other than that..

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
It doesn't do much, really. When you have Force Click enabled, it makes a clicking sound and provides the haptic feedback. When you have that enabled, it doesn't to the first part. It silences the clicking sound.

sir raj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
It doesn't do much, really. When you have Force Click enabled, it makes a clicking sound and provides the haptic feedback. When you have that enabled, it doesn't to the first part. It silences the clicking sound.
Thanks, it seemed whatever it did was very minimal. Any ideas whether the new versions of iWork will incorporate force touch. I honestly love it (I know a lot of people disagree) and keep it at the lightest setting and love the present but minimal feedback from a light touch. This is coming from someone who exclusively used tap to Touch before on macs

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Thanks, it seemed whatever it did was very minimal. Any ideas whether the new versions of iWork will incorporate force touch. I honestly love it (I know a lot of people disagree) and keep it at the lightest setting and love the present but minimal feedback from a light touch. This is coming from someone who exclusively used tap to Touch before on macs

I can't say about the iWork thing, but I hope for the sake of people using it that it happens soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.