Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunsor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
I have to ride out another year with t mobile to switch to sprint so I can have an Iphone. For now I have to pick between two phones an htc one s or samsung galaxy s 2. Which phone would you guys pick and why. I am paying the full cost of the phone and between the two because they are cheaper.:)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'd go for the One S... Prefer it aesthetically and it has better benchmark scores.

Why no gs3 ??!

Budget I assume... And there are more phones on the market than the GS3. Seriously this alternative forum should just be renamed the GS3 forum as it seems to be the only Android handset anyone ever mentions.. ;)

hunsor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
I'd go for the One S... Prefer it aesthetically and it has better benchmark scores.

Budget I assume... And there are more phones on the market than the GS3. Seriously this alternative forum should just be renamed the GS3 forum as it seems to be the only Android handset anyone ever mentions.. ;)

I received a galaxy s 3 for a birthday for full price but it was stolen. I gave my previous phone away so now I am stuck between the two. Side by side the htc one s performs better and feels solid. But the screen on the galaxy s 2 is awesome and has a memory card slot. So I am at a stalemate

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
Get the One S if you want to go stock. The S4 is much better than the S3 that's in the Galaxy S3. I know because my Galaxy Note has a S3 and my old One X has a S4. Both clocked the same and had the same amount of ram, but the One X was so much smoother which leads me to believe that the S4 is far more optimized even at the same clock speed.

however, the S2 has a great modding community and if you want to flash roms, it's hard to go against Samsung. So much easier to do that kind of stuff. Now my next question is why not go with a Galaxy Nexus? That would be better than anything since it ships with stock Jellybean right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.