Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
I’m in. But I’m confused so they jumped from 8 to X (ten) and back to 9? They should’ve called this iPhone X just like the alphabet and continue on with 9, then 10, 11 etc etc. .

Don't pay attention to rumoured names. Remember, iPhone X was supposed to be iPhone 8, or pro according to prior rumours.

Reactions: Appl3FTW

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Why get excited and wait a year when I have a perfectly great iPhone X that does everything. The next revision of the X will no doubt be a minor refinement of the X. We may see one more minor update to the iPhone 8's form factor (henceforth to be called the iPhone 9). Either way, don't expect much from apple in terms of major updates, that's not how apple works.

Reactions: nordique

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I don’t care what it’s called as long as it has a wider screen like the plus. Originally I was going to return my X but after using it for over a week it’s grown on me and I will be keeping it

Gryzor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I bought my X to use and enjoy now, not dwell on what might or might not be coming along in the future. Whatever happens, it's not like I'm stuck with my X forever and can swap it and change it at will.

agentsmithone

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
California
Bought an X after keeping my 6 Plus for three years, expecting to do the same. I’d bet X gets a fat price cut, an X Plus comes in at $999-ish.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’d bet X gets a fat price cut, an X Plus comes in at $999-ish.

Not even close. If the iPhone X Is retained in Apples lineup in 2018 will only see likely a hundred dollar discount from Apple. And if the iPhone rumored 6.5 X exists, the starting price point Would likely be around $1200 for the base storage.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
Well firstly there won’t be any iPhone 9 since they already made 10.
So let’s put that 9 name away.

I have the iPhone X and while it’s the best iPhone yet and almost perfect for me,I’m not happy with the price I payed at all,it’s simply not worth the price tag.
It should have been priced just like other iPhone upgrades.

So I’m not excited for,or even interested in the “next” iPhone and if pricing remains like this,I’ll happily swith to Samsung.

I have no issue with money but I won’t pay for something that is heavily overpriced.

bigscotal

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I have no issue with money but I won’t pay for something that is heavily overpriced.

Basically this. I could afford the X if I really wanted it, but for the first time ever I've baulked at the price and taken a step back.

Will I cave in and buy one? I'm not sure, possibly....

At the moment I'm just saving some money to put towards whatever my next iPhone is, be that the X, or whatever replaces it later this year. For those of us that like to buy outright from Apple, without a carrier plan, the minimum £1k price-point has just gone too far IMO.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I think it's a weird one, but I am sure will be received well. Not sure on naming. Maybe they just go iPhone with this one as it will somewhat take a similar place to the low cost iPad right now. Then you have iPhone, X series 2, and X Plus. Something along those lines. I'll be interested to see the cost and feature set compared to the next flagship as I am assuming it will have LCD instead of OLED, no 120hz touch input, Face ID gen 1 instead of gen 2, and potentially no wireless charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.