Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I'd wait for the reviews. LG's claims in battery life are generally much higher than that found in pro reviews. The 2020 14" model claimed 20.5 hours. The first two reviews I read came to about 14 hours. At least that's closer than older models where their claims were often double the real world.

It does have a fairly low watt CPU and a 72whr battery going for it though.

Reactions: martyjmclean

Serban55

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
They promise.....until you get the product and you have around 10-12 hours of battery life....
Under heavy use, Intel will give you 6-7 hours...so, not even close

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2013
You dont know yet until reviews have tested by themselves
M1 Macbook are fantastic and they made the waves, it doesnt mean you have to denigrate other competitor
Its nice to see they promise 25 hours of battery life
Last decade, neither Apple nor the others didnt manage to improve battery life

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore

I will believe it when I see it.

These articles remind me of the old android smartphone articles talking about this phone model has a feature that the iphone doesn’t have. Sounds good, until you realise there isn’t this one mythical android phone that beats the iphone in every area, and each signature feature often came with its own trade offs and drawbacks.

Currently, the M1 MacBooks are an ideal blend of battery life and performance. You are assured that degree of all-day battery life while being able to perform intensive tasks like editing 4K footage with minimal throttling, noise or heat.

And the entry level MBA is just $1000.

I am willing to bet that this 25 hours of battery life comes at the expense of throttling the processor to the point where it cannot sustain its performance for long under intensive use, or is one of those “ideal lab conditions” cases and you only get a fraction of that in real world usage.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
I have no doubt it will meet the claimed hours, but it will be on the basis of n factors that effectively mean it will not reach the suggested hours based on 'your' normal usage patterns.

Kung gu

Suspended
Oct 20, 2018
the LG gram has a 72whr battery, of course its gonna have better battery life in some situations.

If the M1 air had 72whr battery then it would destroy the LG gram.

I am looking forward to the 16" Macbook Pro in the near future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.