Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

engineerben

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Greenville Tx
At least in Texas it looks as though the supply of all IPP models is tightening up. They're probably selling out of the launch batch and whipping up the next batch as we speak!

applepizzaz4u

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Just picked up a space gray model today at San tan Apple Store. Few other Apple stores around Phoenix area still show them in stock.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if everything is being (artificially) constrained.
I believe you're quite right.

I'd venture to say that Apple very deliberately minimized the visibility of this launch so as to reduce the risk of public embarrassment. A very smart company with terrific marketing accumen, Apple wasn't about to be seen on stage with a good yet only limited niche product.

With more to risk given the well received, brisk selling Microsoft Surface Products, Apple wisely chose the low road staying close to the bushes in case hiding was attractive.

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
Plenty of stock in the Bay Area....
sg128lte-noalpha.png

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
Just as the title says, forget stock checks on the pencil and keyboard. Is anyone seeing the device itself with cellular? It seems like there's severe supply constraints on that model. I live in Dallas--not a small market--and I missed the iPad Pro's retail launch. I've seen stock of one iPad Pro cellular at one Apple Store on Wednesday. It was in gold which I don't care for. But that's it.

I'm curious if anyone else is seeing them at retail anywhere or if there's any inclination from the supply chain when we might see more at retail. Obviously tomorrow (Sunday) is a bust because no one gets deliveries then.

For what it's worth it looks like supplies on the 128 wifi aren't much better.

I'm in Dallas and was able to get a cellular from Willow Bend he day of launch.

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
Just as the title says, forget stock checks on the pencil and keyboard. Is anyone seeing the device itself with cellular? It seems like there's severe supply constraints on that model. I live in Dallas--not a small market--and I missed the iPad Pro's retail launch. I've seen stock of one iPad Pro cellular at one Apple Store on Wednesday. It was in gold which I don't care for. But that's it.

I'm curious if anyone else is seeing them at retail anywhere or if there's any inclination from the supply chain when we might see more at retail. Obviously tomorrow (Sunday) is a bust because no one gets deliveries then.

For what it's worth it looks like supplies on the 128 wifi aren't much better.
I got one yesterday in Tampa 128 Gold Cellular

engineerben

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Greenville Tx
Bought mine at Stonebriar (Frisco, TX) last Tuesday. I saw the SG 128 LTE pop up and drove over to the mall - the Apple greeter was surprised they even had it in stock, but thanked me profusely for checking ahead of time!

I keep monitoring stock (using the web page) in the Metroplex and it varies. On any given day any particular store might have stock or might not.

Still waitin' on a pencil...

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yup it's ironic. The iPad Pro itself is much easier to find in stock than the accessories, despite the fact that the accessories are designed to work specifically for the iPad Pro and there are no good third-party options (particularly the !@#$ Pencil)...

c84216

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Bought mine at Stonebriar (Frisco, TX) last Tuesday. I saw the SG 128 LTE pop up and drove over to the mall - the Apple greeter was surprised they even had it in stock, but thanked me profusely for checking ahead of time!

I keep monitoring stock (using the web page) in the Metroplex and it varies. On any given day any particular store might have stock or might not.

Still waitin' on a pencil...

I ended up getting my 128 wifi + LTE in Austin. I happened to be down there when The Dominion got one in on Black Friday. I scooped that sucker up super fast. The other mall in Austin also had one.

Got back to Dallas Saturday and went to NorthPark on other business. Voila! They had recieved a small shipment of keyboards and I got the very last one.

Very satisfied with both purchases. The keyboard is amazing once you get used to it and the Pro is just a beast.

Haven't seen pencils yet.

ccubed34

macrumors member
May 13, 2010
Texas
I found one online in San Antonio store and snagged it as quick as I could. I have ordered a pencil, but still keeping my eyes out for one in the wild. I might early to the Apple Store Friday morning to see if I can get my hands on one.

xdhd350

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2010
Just ordered SG with cellular. Pickup available at Willow Bend in Dallas. Only area store that showed availability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.