Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willxm

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
If only I had a car deck that had an input. Streams pretty well even on a weak edge signal.

mizzoucat

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2005
I couldn't agree more. My xm radio and accessories are for sale as we speak. I don't even think I'm going to purchase any more itunes songs. With Pandora and aol radio, you have everything you'll ever need! And it's available wherever you go!

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
I keep hearing so much about this Pandora thing, so I thought i'd give it a try this morning (since it's free) and I was pretty impressed. I choose the "Industrial" genre just to see what would happen and one of my favorite Ministry albums (The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste) that I no longer have came up and started playing!

Pretty cool service. Definitely a keeper!

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
just tried the online version...pretty neat service. can't wait to use on my iPhone. [waiting on direct fullfillment.... :(

blorenz

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2008
Pandora rocks! I just found out about it at the app store and haven't stopped listening since yesterday!
aol radio isn't too shabby either....I wish the Starbucks channel was still on it though.
bl

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Yeah I always loved Pandora on the PC, but the iPhone version is awesome. I listen to it a lot.

phatcat

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
This could be my favorite app thus far and is a serious threat to satellite radio.

My vehicle has an auxilary input and the music played fine, even with 1st gen iPhone!

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
I've used Pandora for about a year now and I find it the absolute best of all the apps/sites that create custom music channels for you. Pandora doesn't just settle for "artist a is similar to artist b" in populating its channels, they've actually gone to the trouble of rating individual songs by a series of descriptive categories and then they use these song characteristics to figure out what you like or don't like. In my experience there channels 'learn' your tastes much faster and more accurately than similar services.

I was very, very happy to see they have an app out for the iPhone!

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.