Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melchieor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
Greetings Everyone!

@pipetogrep and I recorded an episode with @wicknix the resident browser extraordinairem author of InterWebPPC , SpiderWeb, ArcticFox and others! We discussed several topics revolving web browsers , Linux on PPC and video chatting over the internet with iChat AV on Leopard. I hope you enjoy. Would love to hear your feedback! I also started a YouTube channel called NetTrek and released an episode Adventures installing Mac OSX Leopard to PowerPC

Episode 37 - iChat AV and Interview With Wicknix

forkbomb_logo.png

AphoticD

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2017
Greetings Everyone!

@pipetogrep and I recorded an episode with @wicknix the resident browser extraordinairem author of InterWebPPC , SpiderWeb, ArcticFox and others! We discussed several topics revolving web browsers , Linux on PPC and video chatting over the internet with iChat AV on Leopard. I hope you enjoy. Would love to hear your feedback! I also started a YouTube channel called NetTrek and released an episode Adventures installing Mac OSX Leopard to PowerPC

Episode 37 - iChat AV and Interview With Wicknix

View attachment 2146126
Great work @Melchieor @pipetogrep @wicknix !

I loved this. And now that I know about it, I have the past 36 episodes of the podcast to enjoy too :cool:

@wicknix I've had the same RAM dropping issue with 11,2 DC 2.3GHz. Unfortunately it died slowly, bank by bank, until I could no longer keep it running for more than a few hours. Now it's not booting at all, despite all the RAM swapping I've tried. I too put a lot of time and money into that G5 (as you probably have seen in my past threads). My DP G5s and a noisy Quad are still kicking along just fine, but I haven't booted any of them in a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.