Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoffe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2023
Hello, I'm new to the forums but I need your help.
I have heic photos in an iCloud account. I wanted to transfer them to an external hard drive, but iCloud automatically converted them to jpeg. how to keep them in heic? Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
in Photos try to select "keep originals", that should transfer the pictures without checking for compatibility.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
If you are talking about the web-interface for downloading from iCloud you have to switch from "Most Compatible" to "Unmodified Original".
iCloud.export.original.png

Last edited:

yoffe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2023
These are photos that are not in "photo" but in icloud. When I took them, I had not transferred them to "photo". They are still in my iphone but in an optimized version and now I have no more room for them to load in original

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
These are photos that are not in "photo" but in icloud. When I took them, I had not transferred them to "photo". They are still in my iphone but in an optimized version and now I have no more room for them to load in original
if you have them in iCloud.com, then you should download them using Unmodified Original

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.