Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

says_stuff

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
While editing or creating a note in stock Notes app, i can’t find the formatting tools that used to be there. I only get the option to add a checkmark or add a drawing/scan.

Are those gone for everyone or have they moved to a place I can’t find them? I’m on public beta 5 on an ipad 12.9.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
They appear at the top edge of the keyboard on the iPhone. Do you see a big + button above the keyboard? That makes them appear on iPhone.

Reactions: says_stuff

says_stuff

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
BFA4A0FC-E859-4818-9F14-68E5D73F59C7.png

Not there on my ipad, so it must be a bug. Thanks for answering!

*edited to add a screenshot

Last edited:

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
While we're talking about formatting in Notes...

Has the inconsistency between iOS and MacOS been resolved yet? Notes frequently look different between the operating systems, and editing a note on one or the other has different results with the same "keystrokes". This is one of the reason I don't use Notes all that much.

What Apple really should have done is made Stickies iCloud-capable. Now THAT is an awesome note taking app.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
While we're talking about formatting in Notes...

Has the inconsistency between iOS and MacOS been resolved yet? Notes frequently look different between the operating systems, and editing a note on one or the other has different results with the same "keystrokes". This is one of the reason I don't use Notes all that much.

What Apple really should have done is made Stickies iCloud-capable. Now THAT is an awesome note taking app.
Not sure what you mean by "frequently look different". Wouldn't you expect a note to look different when comparing it on a screen that is about 2" wide to a screen that is 10, 15, or 20" wide?

says_stuff

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
Nope but i guess they went a different way with it. You have to enable the shortcut bar in keyboard settings for formatting tools to appear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.