Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Hi all,

I downloaded the F1 2016 and did not changed any settings for the game. But after couple of laps, the graphics go haywire and not letting me do anything.

Do anyone know the reason by any chance ?

Mac : 2017 15 inch 4GB VRAM 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 2.8 GHz i7

Thanks,
Serkan
[doublepost=1503267261][/doublepost]Screenshot added.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 2.58.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 2.58.32 PM.jpg
    836.8 KB · Views: 580

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Hi all,

I downloaded the F1 2016 and did not changed any settings for the game. But after couple of laps, the graphics go haywire and not letting me do anything.

Thanks,
Serkan

Steam.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Then to be honest you should get back to them but goodluck with that because their customer
contact is pretty rubbish.

Seeing what I am seeing though is your machine upto to spec for the game ?

_Kiki_

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2017
Try new drivers to Radeon from bootcampdrivers.com

Then to be honest you should get back to them but goodluck with that because their customer
contact is pretty rubbish.

Seeing what I am seeing though is your machine upto to spec for the game ?

Why do you think STEAM support is rubbish? You can get even full refund for a game if you played less than 2 hours.
I don't see any refund option in App Store.

JordanNZ

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi all,

Thanks,
Serkan

Reinstall the game. If this is on the macOS side, I remember seeing someone else having the same problem. It's to do with a corrupted data file. Install it again.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Try new drivers to Radeon from bootcampdrivers.com

Why do you think STEAM support is rubbish? You can get even full refund for a game if you played less than 2 hours.
I don't see any refund option in App Store.

I actually do not think their rubbish I know they are rubbish, several years ago I had steam running in Windows, for what ever reason it stopped working, I contacted steam support who sent a reply containing their so called fix to my issue, the fix did not work so I returned to steam support with an explanation that their fix did not work again explaining my problem ( do not recall the actual error message etc I was getting at the time ), to this day still no reply from steam support, that is why they are rubbish.

Then to make matters worse after removing steam and anything I could find steam related I could not even get it to do a new install, it was looking like steam had screwed the registry, I wanted it back because I had a few games in there, I had to do a complete new clean install of Bootcamp and windows the lot then I finally got steam reinstalled, and yes I did explain to them that I was running steam in windows under bootcamp.

Second question - https://www.imore.com/how-to-get-refund-itunes-app-store

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004

If reinstalling on Steam doesn't fix it just contact Feral Support using the built in support tab in the pre game loader. Please include the support report file and your Steam user name. With this info we'll be able to check your hardware and your installation and provide some suggestions on what you should check to get up and running.

This issue is super rare and we've only seen it on damaged installations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.