Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
Fortnite Chapter 5 is here, and as revealed in the Big Bang Event this chapter is introducing THREE new games to Fortnite. Fortnite is expanding to more than just the Battle Royale component.

The first game, is Lego Fortnite.

Lego Fortnite is an open world survival crafting game, where you find materials, fight monsters, and build Lego bases and little towns managing NPCs to live in said towns. Every original Fortnite character is getting a Lego version starting with the most popular and more added overtime. Some of the licensed collab skins will also get Lego versions, but not all.

The second game, is Rocket Racing

Rocket Racing is a new racing game set in the Rocket League universe. Your inventory from Rocket League carries over into Rocket Racing, and you can use your Fortnite skins as your driver

The last game, is Fortnite Festival

Fortnite Festival is a rhythm game by Harmonix using the same mechanics from their old series Rock Band. All the Rock Band instruments are available in Fortnite Festival, guitar, bass, drums, microphone, and even keytar. You can play alone or play in a band with others, and even play against another band. Festival will start with music from Eminem and The Weeknd, and more music added overtime.

You can see a sneak peek of the three new games from the Big Bang Event below:

Exciting things coming to Fortnite. It's now essentially four games in one, and probably more as time goes on. If you're not a fan of Battle Royales, Fortnite now has other games on offer for you that should tickle your fancy. I know for most people they're most excited about Lego Fortnite, because c'mon it's Lego.

(Now if only Sweeney would swallow his pride and we could get Fortnite back on Mac and iOS)

• Love
Reactions: Huntn and Irishman

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
More info just dropped about Lego Fortnite

Lego Fortnite is an open world procedurally generated survival crafting game that's a lot deeper than we realized. There is a hunger system and crafting system. You can free build structures or place prefabs if you're not the creative type. There's also dungeons that can be explored.

To celebrate the launch of Lego Fortnite tomorrow, they're giving away a free skin called Explorer Emilie. To claim her, all you gotta do is link a Lego Insider account to your Epic account.

How-to-get-Fortnite-Lego-Insiders-skin-for-free-2.jpg

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006

Lego Fortnite is an open world procedurally generated survival crafting game that's a lot deeper than we realized. There is a hunger system and crafting system. You can free build structures or place prefabs if you're not the creative type. There's also dungeons that can be explored.

To celebrate the launch of Lego Fortnite tomorrow, they're giving away a free skin called Explorer Emilie. To claim her, all you gotta do is link a Lego Insider account to your Epic account.

I’ve always played Fortnite without building, even before they added Zero Build, so, as long as building isn’t required, I’ll give it a try.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
I’ve always played Fortnite without building, even before they added Zero Build, so, as long as building isn’t required, I’ll give it a try.

Don't worry Lego Fortnite is not a PvP game. It's a survival crafting game about exploring and building bases and little homes, just like other survival crafting games. So the "sweaty building" you're probably familiar with won't be a factor here.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Don't worry Lego Fortnite is not a PvP game. It's a survival crafting game about exploring and building bases and little homes, just like other survival crafting games. So the "sweaty building" you're probably familiar with won't be a factor here.

I love the PvP game, so if this new Lego game doesn’t have any PvP, I have zero interest in it!

Have you tried it?

I’m not interested in a Fortnite-adjacent IP that plays more like Minecraft than Fortnite.

It’s times like this that make me doubt that Epic know why many of us play Fortnite.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
I love the PvP game, so if this new Lego game doesn’t have any PvP, I have zero interest in it!

Have you tried it?

I’m not interested in a Fortnite-adjacent IP that plays more like Minecraft than Fortnite.

It’s times like this that make me doubt that Epic know why many of us play Fortnite.

Well seeing as Lego Fortnite crashed the matchmaking servers with how many people logged in, I'd say a lot of people seem pretty excited for the Lego game. It just reached 1,000,000 concurrent players.

Why not give it a try? You might like it, and it'll be a nice break inbetween battle royale matches just building and exploring

• Angry
Reactions: Irishman

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
New info on the third game Fortnite Festival just dropped. First the bad news. There's no karaoke...for now. There is also no strumming but that was to be expected since there's no plastic guitar controller and it's been over a decade since we've had this style of rhythm game return.

Here's the starting song roster

1701963983461.png

Not a bad starting lineup, especially Gangnam Style and Party Rock Anthem at the start

But that’s not all. Apparently the Rock Band style gameplay isn’t all that Fortnite Festival has. You probably noticed in the Locker there’s a new slot for “Jam Tracks.” That’s for a new mode called Jam Stage, in which you mix songs together

It’s Fuser! Fuser is back! Fuser was Harmonix’s previous game before they got bought by Epic. It’s a management rhythm game where you run your own DJ set, mixing the stem files of different songs. Here’s an example:

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022

Have you tried it?

I just played it, and it's really good. You also earn a lot of XP just from playing it and leaving it on in the background. One guy left the game running while he went to go make breakfast yesterday, and when he came back he learned he gained two levels in his battle pass just from being AFK.

• Angry

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I just played it, and it's really good. You also earn a lot of XP just from playing it and leaving it on in the background. One guy left the game running while he went to go make breakfast yesterday, and when he came back he learned he gained two levels in his battle pass just from being AFK.

It was you, wasn't it?

I'm left even less likely to play it now than before.

You're overselling it, man!

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

The Lego World Looks amazing, for the life of me I can’t understand why Minecraft is as stagnant as it is. Now why would you need to launch Fortnight to play this? Is it acting as an online hub?

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
The Lego World Looks amazing, for the life of me I can’t understand why Minecraft is as stagnant as it is. Now why would you need to launch Fortnight to play this? Is it acting as an online hub?

Yes. Fortnite is becoming a supergame like Roblox, where it has multiple different games in it that are all linked by one thing: your player locker, so all your skins and emotes you collected over the years can be used across different games. More games will be coming in the future as dataminers found code for a NBA 2K like basketball game (which was teased during the Big Bang event as that was one of the portals that formed) and a Fall Guys like obstacle course run, and more in the future we don't know about.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yes. Fortnite is becoming a supergame like Roblox, where it has multiple different games in it that are all linked by one thing: your player locker, so all your skins and emotes you collected over the years can be used across different games. More games will be coming in the future as dataminers found code for a NBA 2K like basketball game (which was teased during the Big Bang event as that was one of the portals that formed) and a Fall Guys like obstacle course run, and more in the future we don't know about.
I’ve got grandkids trying to talk me into Roblox. I’ve looked at a couple of games there and so far, no thanks. Build a mediocre house, work in an in-game store to earn $$ to build it... 🤮 Did I say I hate grind? and it’s all perishable… 🙂

My impression is a lot of these games are built as social time wasters and in most cases the graphics are nothing to write home about. AND, I played Fortnite before burning out on that routine, and because I‘ve gotten my RPG MMO bug out of my system*, the last thing I want to do is spend my time hobnobbing with teens online. I much prefer a solo pristine world without the tourists, a world I shape, sometimes with a friend or two.

* I reserve World of Tanks and World of Warships as a different beast, not RPG, but admittedly a comparison could be made with Fortnite, kind of. 15 min battles, no base building, just tactical combat and strategic thinking to some degree.

I would be interested in hearing what you would say are the best Roblox games out there?

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2022
I’ve got grandkids trying to talk me into Roblox. I’ve looked at a couple of games there and so far, no thanks. Build a mediocre house, work in an in-game store to earn $$ to build it... 🤮 Did I say I hate grind? and it’s all perishable… 🙂

You're not looking for the actual good Roblox games, because there's really damn good games within Roblox. Here's some of them

First there's Doors.

Png

Doors is a survival horror game all about trial and error, as you explore a haunted hotel alone or with others seeing how many rooms you can go, each ghost or monster having a different quirk. A lot of people downloaded Roblox just to play Doors with how good it was, and the developer is now working on a standalone Doors game outside of Roblox because of how good it was

Then there's Counter Blox, which is a fan recreation of Counter Strike Global Offensive in Roblox, and by fan recreation, I mean a near 1:1 recreation of CSGO in Roblox, all the way down to weapon handling

One last example I wanna give is Frontlines, which is essentially a Call of Duty like shooter in Roblox. Graphically it is so good you forget it's in Roblox

Yeah, Roblox (as well as Fortnite) have a lot of garbage, that's the downside to having a creative engine is not everything is gonna put in the effort to make something incredible, but hey isn't that true for all storefronts? Within the trash, there's lots of treasure worth spending time on, the same is true with Fortnite. Fortnite has a lot of fun death run and climbing maps, and with the new games coming to Fortnite it means more tools for creators.

Speaking of, Epic actually detailed more info about Chapter 5 and even more tools coming to UEFN. Creators will be able to make custom Rocket Racing tracks with it, and even Fortnite Festival has UEFN support. In Epic's own words: "We want our users to be able to create their own rhythm games."

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
You're not looking for the actual good Roblox games, because there's really damn good games within Roblox. Here's some of them

First there's Doors.

Png

Doors is a survival horror game all about trial and error, as you explore a haunted hotel alone or with others seeing how many rooms you can go, each ghost or monster having a different quirk. A lot of people downloaded Roblox just to play Doors with how good it was, and the developer is now working on a standalone Doors game outside of Roblox because of how good it was

Then there's Counter Blox, which is a fan recreation of Counter Strike Global Offensive in Roblox, and by fan recreation, I mean a near 1:1 recreation of CSGO in Roblox, all the way down to weapon handling

One last example I wanna give is Frontlines, which is essentially a Call of Duty like shooter in Roblox. Graphically it is so good you forget it's in Roblox

Yeah, Roblox (as well as Fortnite) have a lot of garbage, that's the downside to having a creative engine is not everything is gonna put in the effort to make something incredible, but hey isn't that true for all storefronts? Within the trash, there's lots of treasure worth spending time on, the same is true with Fortnite. Fortnite has a lot of fun death run and climbing maps, and with the new games coming to Fortnite it means more tools for creators.

Speaking of, Epic actually detailed more info about Chapter 5 and even more tools coming to UEFN. Creators will be able to make custom Rocket Racing tracks with it, and even Fortnite Festival has UEFN support. In Epic's own words: "We want our users to be able to create their own rhythm games."

Interesting… My comparison would be Steam, but that is a storefront, games run independently, are created with a variety of engines, and not locked into a particular engine. What are the advantages of the Roblox or Fortnite setups? Do these other add on games have a purchase price or subscription? Btw, on Steam, I check a daily queue of games and typically mark 90-100% of them as ignore. 🤔

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

To clarify, the Lego Fornite is online. What you build, if you build is on a sever. Can your space be private, or are you faced with tourists (Other players)?

At this point I desire a solo Minecraft (or hosted co-op) like building game, server not required, with something more like legos, blocks other than squares, and includes organic voxel shapes. What title could that be? One example would be Emperion Galactic Survival, but it would be nice to find something like this on iOS. :)

Of note Lego Worlds is on sale at Steam for $6 though Jan4…

I also got excited about Eco until I learned it’s online multiplayer… that’s on sale at Steam too. 😳

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.