Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hello,

Whenever I have a doubt about how to behave or face a controversial situation in the forum, or just whether to open a thread (and where) or not, I usually contact mods I know from many years ago, such as @Weaselboy or the former mod @maflynn using PMs when I see them online; they are basically people I’ve talked before and know they are rather “human” instead of cold blooded moderator/admin. Although I understand moderators have to keep their distance to be as objective as they can.

However, in moments such as this where I need to ask something very specific (Is there an official Apple Music thread, operating system agnostic, in the entire forum?), and from mobile there’s no “moderators online now” in the screen, I basically don’t know who to contact to get a quick answer.

So, is it there a quick way to contact the moderation team and, whoever reads it first replies? Or maybe it’s better to do what I just made here, open a thread on the site & feedback subforum ? I swear I used the search tool, but sometimes it’s just not very effective.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weaselboy

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Good, thank you Weaselboy.

Now, to the question (I’ll change the title as well): Is there a comprehensive Apple Music thread on the forum? All I’ve seen is Apple Music on Monterey, Apple Music on iOS 16, and such… I want to know if there’s an Apple Music thread to talk about it, compare it to a Spotify or other services, or just ask doubts as a newbie user of Apple Music.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

There is an Apple Music forum that might be what you are after.

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 8.42.41 AM.png

I searched that forum for spotify in the title and found several threads on the subject.

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Oh good, many thanks. I’m a bit dumb using the search tool then… oh no, the problem was that the search tool only gave me threads and not the subforum. I’m gonna take a look at the subforum and if there isn’t an official thread I’ll open mine with my doubts, questions, and first impressions of the service (which are pretty good).

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.