Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killr_b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Suckerfornia
Hey... is there a forumspy widget? That would be cool. I guess I can make one when we get leopard, but I want one now mommy!!!!:p
Naaaa... If you make your own widget in leopard can you distribute it? Or just PM me?
Thank y'all.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
killr_b said:
Hey... is there a forumspy widget? That would be cool. I guess I can make one when we get leopard, but I want one now mommy!!!!:p
Naaaa... If you make your own widget in leopard can you distribute it? Or just PM me?
Thank y'all.

I had an MR Widget, which showed the headlines on the frontpage, but this sounds like a sweet idea. Of course it will be easy with webclip, but we don't wanna wait 6 freakin' months!:D

killr_b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Suckerfornia
The MR widget Kingsly made is cool. Thanks man.
From the look of it a forum spy one will be awesome!:D

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
A forum spy widget would be pretty sweet. The page looks like ajax to me so I'm not sure how to implement that in a widget. I'm looking forward to one though, if it's possible.

500th post woot! :)

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I was able to drop the ajax script into a working widget. I just can't get the scrollbar to work correctly yet. I'll work it out though.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Quick update on the Forum Spy widget... I posted the widget in another thread, unfinished.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2900037#post2900037

I had been doing all my testing in Safari and not in the dashboard environment... long story short, I've hit a bit of a snag. Anybody who knows a little bit about coding can feel free to download the existing (not quite working) forum spy widget and see if they can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'd love to get this running!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.