Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

headsh0t95

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
Netherlands
Hi,

The forums appear to load very slow on both PC and iOS. Other websites load fine so it's not my network connection.
Can this be examined?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
About 2 hours ago it choked to a halt. The past week it has had peaks and valleys.

Thanks, that helps. Intermittent problems different than constant problems.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thanks, that helps. Intermittent problems different than constant problems.

To be honest, I have noticed it pretty slow - on and off - since the change to Xenforo.

However, it has been more pronounced this past week, was exceptionally poor yesterday (Tuesday evening MT), to the extent that I couldn't access the forums at all for the best part of half an dour, and is intermittently stuttering - and hanging - again this afternoon.

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
Was painfully slow 2 weeks ago, seems to have smoothed out lately .

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Was out last night for me, for a bout 30-40 minutes. The Frontpage would load but the forums would not.

I've seen this problem from time to time, but usually it goes away after a few minutes.

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
I only noticed that displaying large sized pictures is very slow since a long a time. The download speed is mostly something between 30-40 kB/s.

For example when I upload a picture with 1MB file size, it takes just a second. But displaying it in the post takes up to half a minute.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'm not sure whether it is just me, but I am finding that the forums are awfully slow to load - and awfully sloe to open fresh pages or threads, or posts - this morning, and that they seem to hang, and stall and crash quite a bit.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not sure whether it is just me, but I am finding that the forums are awfully slow to load - and awfully sloe to open fresh pages or threads, or posts - this morning, and that they seem to hang, and stall and crash quite a bit.
I've not noticed any performance issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.