Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ftlum

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Hi All.

I have a work phone and personal iphone and would like to forward iMessages from the work one, but it looks like this feature has been disabled by my workplace in the settings menu. What's the next best alternative? I don't see any way to enter another phone # (in the imessage settings) in my personal phone and from what I've read, that's pretty much impossible (it's potentially complicated further with using AT&T on one and Verizon on the other).

My whole reason for doing this is to see if I can send all my notifications to an Apple Watch (I don't have one quite yet), without having to change which phone it's associated with. If the watch OS would link 2 phones at once, that'd solve my problem but it can't do that yet. Wearing 2 apple watches is not an option :).

thanks in advance!

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Carrier doesn't matter at all. As long as both devices are iOS, just sign into Messages with your iCloud account and allow receiving for both numbers then you'll get messages on both devices for both numbers.

If they aren't both iOS devices or if your company has restricted logging into iCloud on that device, then you're out of luck. Sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.