Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Go under settings> notification > messages and switch it to alerts. Works better than sliding down to reply in my opinion. hope this helps

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Here one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 268

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
It would be cool if they implemented a feature like BiteSMS where you can view current message in the conversation, because not everyone sends everything in one long message

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Yes that's the old style notification that interrupts you and will not let you continue what you're doing until you dismiss it. It has been there for a long time and it's so annoying and disruptive that they added the banners instead. Use sparingly and only if you have to. I would never let any app do that to me.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Also why do you need to "slide down to reply" when you can just tap the banner before it disappears?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Also why do you need to "slide down to reply" when you can just tap the banner before it disappears?
Tapping it takes you to the actual Messages app, sliding it down gives you a way to reply quickly without leaving wherever you are.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Tapping it takes you to the actual Messages app, sliding it down gives you a way to reply quickly without leaving wherever you are.

Yes you're right. I was still thinking of iOS 7. We are in the iOS 8 section so I should realize that. Not always clear where the post appears in the forum when I am using a mobile app.

zeezey

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
My quick reply doesn't seem to work, if I drag down it doesn't do anything. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

OriolesMagic

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
I do not want to turn on my preview though :/. Hopefully they fix this in the future!

Well if you have preview turned off...how would you know what you're responding to then? You'd have to go into app to read the message first anyway.

Quick reply doesn't make sense if you have preview off

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
Well if you have preview turned off...how would you know what you're responding to then? You'd have to go into app to read the message first anyway.

Quick reply doesn't make sense if you have preview off

My thoughts would be when I slide down it shows me the message as well as allowing me to reply. Since it works with the alert notification it makes sense.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My thoughts would be when I slide down it shows me the message as well as allowing me to reply. Since it works with the alert notification it makes sense.
How does it work with alert notification and preview off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.