Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DASHB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
Atlanta
I have read multiple threads on this site and others where someone inquires about getting service on a found phone and everytime the only replies are judgemental and rude implying that it could only be stolen. So I guess none of you have ever lost a phone before? I also assume that none of you have ever looked at or bought phones from ebay or craigslist in case that great deal you got might have been a stolen phone.

Well let me just share with all of you online tough guys that I own a few bars in town and it's a rare night that we don't add a new phone to our lost and found collection. And it's even more rare that anyone ever comes back for them. They use their insurance and replace them I guess.

The point I wanna make is that you don't know so unless you have an actual answer for that person just move on and keep your little judgemental comment to yourself. I bet those same little smartass commenters are the people who wounldnt dare say anything like that in person. :apple::mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.